My career as a journalist has evolved with the industry. I am fortunate to worked across multimedia and print platforms, sharing meaningful stories that matter. Through my career I’ve learned every person has a story to tell, and I am honored to share those stories, particularly ones in communities that are underrepresented in traditional media.
I began reporting regularly in high school, eventually becoming the Editor-in-Chief for Minnetonka Breezes. My next stop was the University of St. Thomas where I became the youngest director of the digital media organization, TommieMedia. I worked in the university’s TV studio and as a videography assistant. Other internships included World Press Institute, The Catholic Spirit, MSP Communications, Lillie Suburban Newspapers and ThreeSixty Journalism.
After graduation I worked for ECM Publishers as a newspaper editor for the Dakota County Tribune and Sun Thisweek, then moved to The Laker. I also worked in a freelance capacity for ECM, launching and editing Twin Cities medical magazines and serving as the interim managing editor. for the SunPatriot group.
The next career stop was BringMeTheNews, now GoMN, where I was a weekend news producer and radio script writer. I also did freelance work writing for magazines and other reporting assignments across the state during this time.
As a national news editor for LAKANA, I wrote and packaged national news stories and push alerts for 120 member stations throughout the U.S.
Currently, I am a senior producer of digital content at Hubbard Broadcasting’s Twin Cities station KSTP, and I am a graduate student at the University of Journalism pursuing a masters in English with an emphasis in literary journalism.
Honors and Awards
- 2017 Upper Midwest Emmy – Public/Current/Community Affairs – Single Story
- 2015 Minnesota Newspaper Better Newspaper Association Contest – Third Place FOIA Award
- 2014 ECM Presidential Award for fire department series
- 2014 ECM Community Leadership Award for domestic violence series
- 2014 Minnesota Newspaper Association Better Newspaper Contest Award – Second Place Feature Photo
- Cum Laude and Aquinas scholars honors graduate
- Outstanding senior University of St. Thomas Communication and Journalism department
- 2011 Society of Professional Journalists national finalist for online news reporting
- 2011 University of St. Thomas Pauline Lambert Advocacy Award recipient
- 2009-2012 Rev. James Whalen Scholar
- 2012 Leyden Award Winner
- Member of Lambda Pi Eta, National Communication Association Honor Society